Air suspension question for "heavy" loaded coach

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

pennsyguy

Air suspension question for "heavy" loaded coach

Post by pennsyguy »

Hello Y'all, I'm planning a trip with my 2000 26 rsb in a few weeks which could be for a few months. Because I'm going for so long, I'm packing fairly heavy. I am wondering what air pressure on the air ride suspension would you recommend? I just came back from a trip and the coach was already fairly full (that's just my caveat of wanting everything with me) and the coach swayed some. Would a certain pressure help alleviate the sway?

Thank you so much in advance for your time!
Blessings,
Joe
Tahoe

Re: Air suspension question for "heavy" loaded coach

Post by Tahoe »

Look in the forum index to find the downloadable owners manual for your coach. Looks like the air bag pressure should be between 10 psi min and 90 psi max. It says 1 psi for every 40 lbs of load. Mine is set at 55psi and seems fine, you might need more if you have a heavy load. Hope this helps.
Russ and Denise
2002 24RB
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

I keep them at 55 also, never have a problem with sway.
I also have one that loses air every trip, so I try to fill it every trip we take.
Cathy
Our Puggle Pudge
Brussels Griffon Sally
Cairn Terrier Ellie
Max our Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
2005 Gulfstream BT Cruiser (former BF owner)
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

I keep mine at 50 psi.

Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
Jim Hofmann

Post by Jim Hofmann »

I removed and disposed of the leaking gadgets. Had the leaf springs re-arced, an additional leaf installed and have enjoyed the ride ever since. No more fussing with leaking bags and an added plus: It raised the rear of the coach about 4 inches and greatly reduced tail drag coming out of gas stations etc.

Jim

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”