Love my Born Free

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Bornfree22bft

Love my Born Free

Post by Bornfree22bft »

I love my 22 BFT. It's a great little truck.
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

You are right; and whats more, you are not the only one. The idea of a dry bath is tempting, but all things considered, the BFT is one fine little camping machine. We especially like the idea of 13mpg on the open road. :P
Dave&JanPotter

Post by Dave&JanPotter »

Steve W wrote:We especially like the idea of 13mpg on the open road. :P
We're only getting a little over 10 mpg with our BFT. How many total miles do you have on yours? Ours is a 2005 and we have about 6000 total miles.
Trisha

Post by Trisha »

my mileage increased after I exceeded 8,000 miles. Maybe yours will too? I'm getting 10, towing a Honda, in a 26' RB.
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

David & Janice. We have approx 12K on our BFT. We drive at 60mph, we do not tow, we watch the tire pressure, oil & filter changed every 3,000 miles and have a K&N air filter which I remove and clean fairly often due to the openness of the Ford air venting to the air cleaner. Overall, we are averaging 11mpg.
born free 24 psd

Post by born free 24 psd »

I love mine too and would never buy another brand
Charlotte

Post by Charlotte »

Took my '99 26' RSB BF in for a thorough check up before I leave on my trip Sunday. Mechanic says..."How many miles on this rig?" I said 75K...he said "Wow, everything looks really, really good. No leaks of any kind, undercarriage looks great, etc., etc... I said, Well, I'm particularly interested in the brakes as I'll be doing some tough mountain driving. He said...."I've seen 40' Class A's come in here with the same brakes you've got on your rig...believe me, they're a LOT heavier than your BF...You've got heavy duty brakes on this and you're not going to have any problems whatsover so don't worry". Obviously made me feel good...Thought I'd share my experience!!!
sonomaellen

1st Trip in our BFT was with our Katrina foster dog!

Post by sonomaellen »

We're truly newbies and, after much research, chose Born Free as our first motorhome. I know we'll enjoy it for years to come.

We took our first real trip in it to the nearby California coast with our own Labrador and a Katrina foster Lab. It is possible to have two 60+ lb. dogs sleep on the floor of a 22 footer!

I'm happy to report that Murphy Brown, foster dog, with the help of many volunteers, reunited with his owner the weekend after our trip. The reunion of Murphy with his owner made TV news. Here's some of that coverage:

http://wb11tv.trb.com/news/kplr-news-11 ... 4230.story

Here also, are photos my husband took of our time with Murphy (and of our new BFT!):

http://clipshack.com/Clip.aspx?key=4EFE8F731270B77D

I've already learned more than I imagined by perusing this board and look forward to improving my education in the future.
Ellen and Ron
2007 24RB
Road Dog

Max Performance

Post by Road Dog »

FYI-After owning 2 Ford V10's I can tell you that you will not get maximum performance or gas mileage until you get at least 10,000 miles on your coach. Don't baby it! They are meant to be pushed.
Dave&JanPotter

Re: 1st Trip in our BFT was with our Katrina foster dog!

Post by Dave&JanPotter »

sonomaellen wrote:We're truly newbies and, after much research, chose Born Free as our first motorhome. I know we'll enjoy it for years to come.

We took our first real trip in it to the nearby California coast with our own Labrador and a Katrina foster Lab. It is possible to have two 60+ lb. dogs sleep on the floor of a 22 footer!

I'm happy to report that Murphy Brown, foster dog, with the help of many volunteers, reunited with his owner the weekend after our trip. The reunion of Murphy with his owner made TV news. Here's some of that coverage:

http://wb11tv.trb.com/news/kplr-news-11 ... 4230.story

Here also, are photos my husband took of our time with Murphy (and of our new BFT!):

http://clipshack.com/Clip.aspx?key=4EFE8F731270B77D

I've already learned more than I imagined by perusing this board and look forward to improving my education in the future.
Bless you for your efforts. We too have a 60+ lb dog in the 22'BFT. We are in a local FMCA chapter and at the rallies we're the smallest coach with the biggest dog. She's no problem and we enjoy the company.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”