Girard GSWH-1M Water heater door "clasp"

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

ScotManG

Girard GSWH-1M Water heater door "clasp"

Post by ScotManG »

Hi folks,

Hoping you can help... open to all suggestions on how to fix this if Girard doesn't have this "part". We have a 2013 BF 27RSB with a Girard GSWH-1M Tankless water heater (original). It works fine. But, am having issues with the external door "lock" catch (see picture). It seems like a bit of a silly design to begin with, but then again, it lasted. However, it broke on one of the edges. Has anyone been successful in replacing one of these? If not, and if yours had issues, did you come up with a better way to clasp the door? We think a screw and bolt from the inside out through the hole (through the door hole) with a wing nut then screwed down from the door side may work? I am going to try to call Girard (once I find out how) and see if they even have this part.

I've included a couple of pictures if that helps. One is from the manual so you can see what "part" I'm talking about. And then our actual part itself.

Thanks for any and all help!

Scott/Denise
2013 Born Free 27RSB
Pennsylvania
Attachments
Girard-Door-Clasp-IMG_2245.jpeg
Girard-Door-Clasp-IMG_2245.jpeg (83.83 KiB) Viewed 76 times
Girard Picture from manual.PNG
Girard Picture from manual.PNG (147.75 KiB) Viewed 76 times
--
Scott & Denise Galloway
South central Pennsylvania
2013 Born Free 27 RSB
ScotManG

Re: Girard GSWH-1M Water heater door "clasp"

Post by ScotManG »

I may have found what I need (guess you really can find anything on Amazon if you use the right search words)...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01E5SNB1C?sm ... gToDp&th=1

I'm guessing it is a fairly frequenly breakable part. eTrailer even has a video on how to install one. https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-an ... 72225.html

Scott
--
Scott & Denise Galloway
South central Pennsylvania
2013 Born Free 27 RSB

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”