Fiberglass repair after left rear tire blowout

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

mkoconn

Fiberglass repair after left rear tire blowout

Post by mkoconn »

I have a 2004 26 rear side bed. Just had a left rear outside tire blow out the other day causing extensive wheel well damage and fiberglass damage behind the left rear tires. Wondering if anyone has experienced needing major fiberglass repair on a born free and could offer any suggestions. My name is Mark, I live outside the Twin Cities metro area in Minnesota. Willing to travel a reasonable distance to find experienced repair facility. Thanks for any info you may have.
whemme

Re: Fiberglass repair after left rear tire blowout

Post by whemme »

One possibility. Take your Born Free to marine/boat repair shop that does fiberglass damage repairs on boats.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
perleys

Post by perleys »

I had a similar accident but with the inside dual. I was able to find an auto body shop about 1/2 hour away to do the fiberglass repair. As it went they did a good repair but didn't put the tail pipe back correctly. On the first trip out the exhaust blew inside the fiberglass and cracked their repair. I still need to take it at the end of this season to get the panel repaired again. There were some boat repair places as William suggested but they were 90 minutes from my home.
mkoconn

Post by mkoconn »

Thank you for the responses. I will start checking local body shops and boat repair places till I can find one. Thanks again

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”