Kind-a urgent: Sealant (Caulk?) around our BF Coach Door

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

ScotManG

Kind-a urgent: Sealant (Caulk?) around our BF Coach Door

Post by ScotManG »

Hi,

Yet another newbie question I'm sure; researching seems to suggest this may be a religious topic too. Anyhow, I'll try... we noticed we need to re-caulk/seal around our BF coach door... since we are new, we are seeing suggestions on some products to use and some not to use. We would most greatfully welcome your experience in this -- what product (by Brand/model) to use or not use. We want to scrape off the old caulk and reapply the right stuff before we hit the road shortly. Any and all help is appreciated.

SIDE: included one picture of a bigger problem; lower part around door, but along the sides of the door the cracking/separation of the "original?" old caulk clearly needs to be removed and reapplied. We just want to use the right product and one that isn't so permanent that we can't address this again down the road if needed.

SELF EDITED just now and added a second picture with the RED arrow to show where I'm talking about.

Thank you so much!
Scott
Attachments
IMG_0795.jpeg
IMG_0795.jpeg (70.43 KiB) Viewed 566 times
IMG_0794.JPEG
IMG_0794.JPEG (60.54 KiB) Viewed 572 times
--
Scott & Denise Galloway
South central Pennsylvania
2013 Born Free 27 RSB
ScotManG

Re: Kind-a urgent: Sealant (Caulk?) around our BF Coach Door

Post by ScotManG »

Hi all,

I didn't get any replies here (all good), so thought I would tell you what we decided to buy to address the issue... we went with Geocel ProFlexRV. My wife also asked the Born Free forum on Facebook and it was also highlighted as a good choice.

Thanks!
--
Scott & Denise Galloway
South central Pennsylvania
2013 Born Free 27 RSB
John S.

Re: Kind-a urgent: Sealant (Caulk?) around our BF Coach Door

Post by John S. »

Thanks.
2015 Royal Splendor on Ford 550 none slide version
Former owner 2007 24foot rear bath painted and 2006 22 foot built for two
Former owner 1994 34 foot 2000 36 foot and 2001 42 foot FORETRAVEL's.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”