Coach Batteries

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

petrie

Coach Batteries

Post by petrie »

HI, and help!!!

I'm new to the forum. but I was hoping someone could help me with house batteries . I purchased a 2002 26RB. but there is only 1 battery in there. and not a good one. smart start marine 24dcmj 85ah from O' Riley's. does anyone have a picture on original wire setup and what size cross cables I would need?

thanks so much
Elaine
perleys

Re: Coach Batteries

Post by perleys »

I have two deep cycle interstate batteries in my 2004 26RSB. Do you want a pic of that hookup?
petrie

Post by petrie »

oh that would be great!!!
thanks so much
tomzleapin

Post by tomzleapin »

You might want to consider going with two 6 volt golf cart batteries. You would connect the batteries in series which gives you 12 volts. This would give you about 230 amp/hours vs. 170 amp/hours for the marine batteries you are considering. It complicates the wiring a bit but would be worth it.
Tom
2005 24' RB
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
New Hope, MN
perleys

Post by perleys »

Sorry this is so late. I missed your reply. I have never attached a file so am not sure I am doing this right.
Attachments
Picture2.jpg
Picture2.jpg (63.31 KiB) Viewed 653 times
Picture1.jpg
Picture1.jpg (182.94 KiB) Viewed 653 times
petrie

Post by petrie »

Thank you for the pictures. Now I have to figure out why my outlets aren't working on shore power or generator 🙁

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”