~36" under coach sewer pipe storage (want to replace hose in it)

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

ScotManG

~36" under coach sewer pipe storage (want to replace hose in it)

Post by ScotManG »

Hi,
We recently bought a 2013 BF 27' RSB model (and are thrilled; our first RV!). It came with most items to start camping but we want to replace a few. In particular, we want to start "anew" with black/gray tank flush items. I see our BF has an under coach storage (beside the generator) that is only ~36" long. However, when I shop for a new sewer hose, most, when compressed, go to 39". I'm just looking for recommendations on what folks may have purchased (recently?) when it comes to new sewer hoses that would fit inside that sewer pipe storage container (or other creative ideas given limited storage under the BF). I did search the forums and am still learning how, so if this was answered recently, just point me in that direction. Hope my question makes sense.

Thanks so much!
Scott
--
Scott & Denise Galloway
South central Pennsylvania
2013 Born Free 27 RSB
whemme

Re: ~36" under coach sewer pipe storage (want to replace hose in it)

Post by whemme »

A lot of Born Frees are equipped with a 5” white plastic pipe attached under the rear bumper. Serves as a storage area for your grey and black water dump hose. Evidently your coach is not equipped with that storage pipe?
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
tomzleapin

Post by tomzleapin »

I used a section of vinyl 5" square fence post and a length of vinyl gutter. The gutter makes a nice pull-out tray. I used a router to cut out the end to act like a spring to clip the end cap on. The 2013 is much different so you would have to figure out a different way of mounting it.

Tom
2005 24' RB
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
New Hope, MN
ScotManG

Post by ScotManG »

whemme wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:14 pm A lot of Born Frees are equipped with a 5” white plastic pipe attached under the rear bumper. Serves as a storage area for your grey and black water dump hose. Evidently your coach is not equipped with that storage pipe?
Hi! Thanks for the response! No, unfortunately, ours does not have this storage pipe under the back bumper. We just have the short storage noted (and it seems so short). I may have to add one to another poster's recommendation. Thanks for the response!
--
Scott & Denise Galloway
2013 Born Free 27 RSB
ScotManG

Post by ScotManG »

tomzleapin wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:21 am I used a section of vinyl 5" square fence post and a length of vinyl gutter. The gutter makes a nice pull-out tray. I used a router to cut out the end to act like a spring to clip the end cap on. The 2013 is much different so you would have to figure out a different way of mounting it.

Thank you for the response! And recommendation. I believe I may have to do this and figure out where to put it. Like the idea of the hallow fence post! Thank you!
--
Scott & Denise Galloway
2013 Born Free 27 RSB
shilohdad

Post by shilohdad »

Sorry for the late reply, but I haven’t visited this forum in a while. We had a similar problem. We simply used wire cutters to nip off enough of the end away from the connector so it would fit. We have had no problems using the hose.
Joe and Lucinda
Tonto, Meadow and Shadow, the papillons
Shiloh and Morpho at Rainbow Bridge
2017 Spirit
Formerly 2006 24RB

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”