Replacing backup camera

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

pfsweets

Replacing backup camera

Post by pfsweets »

I have a 1999 built for two with a backup camera on the backside of the visor. Has anyone replaced the camera with the existing wiring and installing a new monitor?
John S.

Re: Replacing backup camera

Post by John S. »

I have a 2015 and have replaced the camera. THey used silicone it looked like to put the camera wire into the top of the cap and I had to pull pretty hard to get it out. My monitor is in the radio so I can’t help you with that but I would think it would work with the existing wiring. Just check before securing everyting when you wire up the new camera that it is set to show the right direction or you will have to switch the wires.
2015 Royal Splendor on Ford 550 none slide version
Former owner 2007 24foot rear bath painted and 2006 22 foot built for two
Former owner 1994 34 foot 2000 36 foot and 2001 42 foot FORETRAVEL's.
stevek

Re: Replacing backup camera

Post by stevek »

I would look for something with the best resolution. My 2011 also has the screen on my radio. To me, the picture quality is fair to good. My 2019 Chevy Bolt rear camera has a much better resolution and the picture is great compared to the BF. I would shop around for more up to date system.
Steve
2011 Born Free 22 foot RSK, rear side (corner) kitchen, E350, 29k miles.
Our first motorhome. Lots to learn. Thanks.
CA/OR border

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”