cab/chassis squeak

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

ronpurdum

cab/chassis squeak

Post by ronpurdum »

My 26RSB has a couple of squeaks from the seal between the cab and the camper body. I have spoken to several owners who have the same problem. I have washed it, sprayed it with teflon and WD 40. Has anyone had this problem and actually fixed it?? Would you let the rest of us in on the secret?? Thanks!
mi99amigo

Post by mi99amigo »

Yes, our squeak was directly above and behind the passenger. Sounded like someone rubbbing styofoam pieces together.

We sent ours back to the factory to fix that , along with two other squeaks. Since it was under warranty, BF came all the wya to Nh to pick up and dropped it off when it was done. the only cost was the miles driven on the chasis.

According to Kim, they had to shim some parts.
springerbill

Post by springerbill »

Ron - if the squeak is above either the driver or passenger head, it is caused by loose bolts attaching the truck and coach bodies. To access the bolt heads, pull back the cloth liner above the top of the doors until you can see the bolts. The bolts can then be tightened using a ratchet with extension. I don't know if there are specs on how much torque for the bolts. I tighten the bolts applying a fair amount of torque. The cloth liner can then be put back.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”