Lazy Daze RV factory closed

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

whemme

Lazy Daze RV factory closed

Post by whemme »

What is it about with family owned RV manufacturers going out of business. Lazy Daze RV factory in CA permanently closed within the last month. I always considered a Lazy Daze to be a top tier quality RV like the Born Free.

The Lazy Daze website at www.lazydaze.com is down.

Read more about it by reading the following posts on the Lazy Daze Owner’s Forum by clicking on the following link: https://www.lazydazeowners.com/index.php?topic=37915.0
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
shilohdad

Re: Lazy Daze RV factory closed

Post by shilohdad »

Well, privately owned companies don’t have access to the kinds of lines of credit that publicly owned companies do. Born Free opted to go with selling themselves to a private equity firm, although that turned out to be a bad move. Even though Lazy Daze seemed to be in good shape, maybe they weren’t. Being privately owned, their finances would be opaque, as were Born Free’s. Maybe they had supply chain issues. Maybe their cash flow got squeezed, and they had no access to any credit. There is no way to know, just as we may never know why Born Free went under.
Joe and Lucinda
Tonto, Meadow and Shadow, the papillons
Shiloh and Morpho at Rainbow Bridge
2017 Spirit
Formerly 2006 24RB
John S.

Post by John S. »

That is sad that another quality RV manufacturer closed up. Soon we will only have Thor product to choose from. They have been buying everyone up. I guess when my BFis done I will get a beach house
2015 Royal Splendor on Ford 550 none slide version
Former owner 2007 24foot rear bath painted and 2006 22 foot built for two
Former owner 1994 34 foot 2000 36 foot and 2001 42 foot FORETRAVEL's.
stevek

Post by stevek »

We went to the LD factory, before we bought our BF. Sorry to hear about the closing. Lazy Days has a real cult following and I see lots of them here on the West Coast. We were looking at a 24 foot LD with rear twin beds. Did Born Free ever make rear twin beds?
Steve
2011 Born Free 22 foot RSK, rear side (corner) kitchen, E350, 29k miles.
Our first motorhome. Lots to learn. Thanks.
CA/OR border

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”