Door latch catch replacement

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

pfsweets

Door latch catch replacement

Post by pfsweets »

I need to replace the door lock and catch. I have a 1999 built 4 two
Has anything replaced the latch with the new keyless FOB
System? Also consider just a simple generic lock?
The trimark that is in it has those two large bolts which have given me problems. Just wondering if anyone else has replaced their locks.
BF2019

Re: Door latch catch replacement

Post by BF2019 »

I found Trimark replacement parts at Pacific RV Mirrors (www.pacificrvmirrors.com) for my 2000 26 RSB. Previous owners had lost the keys to the deadbolt and one of the main keys was bent. I opted against anything that needs a battery. I replaced everything (external and internal parts, gasket, etc.) for under $200 and it took less than 15 minutes to install, perfect fit. Came with 2 sets of keys (2 each for deadbolt and main). You will probably need to take the existing lock apart (it's very easy) to get some Trimark numbers stamped on the inside to match the replacements. In the descriptions for each part is an explanation concerning the Trimark part numbers, but if you're still not sure which parts to order, contact Jack (his email is on the website). He is extremely helpful and very prompt. Prices were reasonable and shipping was free.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”