I need help with replacing Molding/trim

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Carey

I need help with replacing Molding/trim

Post by Carey »

I would like to replace the molding/trim not sure what to call it. On our 2013 coach, It’s the trim that seals the body panels/roof section. It starts at the lower portion of the side panel runs up over the top and to the lower panel on the the other side. I have looked for it online but don’t know what to call it and tried 6 Roblees RV they had no clue! Can anyone help? It’s about an 1” wide.
melamax

Re: I need help with replacing Molding/trim

Post by melamax »

Amazon has RecPro 1" wide trim,should work fine,I have used similar, sealed well wili cover the lap where the 2 panels meet ok. Probobly need to drill new holes. I always seal the old holes to be sure no leaks before putting down the new strip.Good luck, the weather should be in your favor soon...Art Krause
Liamlunchtray

Post by Liamlunchtray »

Art - Is there any trick to getting the new trim in place? I figure I should go through mine in the near future, but I dont exactly know what I'm getting into. Did you replace your screws with stainless and then some sort of sealant over the screw heads?
Carey

Post by Carey »

Thanks for the info
Carey

Post by Carey »

Thank you

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”