Auto leveling memory module

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Vlamgat

Auto leveling memory module

Post by Vlamgat »

Has anyone ever adjusted their HWH memory? I believe there is a module that has a the ability to adjust/set the level. When my jacks deploy the consistently set the level with the left/front down. I correct with manual inputs which are neither accurate nor efficient because sometime it make better sense to lower the right rear rather than raise the left front. However that also can leave the rig with the right rear jack not making contact.

I have searched around the hydraulic pump area without success which on my Triumph F is installed just aft of the door, ahead of the rear right wheel set.
harrisgowing

Re: Auto leveling memory module

Post by harrisgowing »

We are curious to see any responses to this post. Our automatic leveling system sometimes does not work properly on pretty level surfaces and we resort to manual and use a level. We have a 2015 Splendor with a slide.

Judy Harris
Chuck and Judy Harris
Oliver and Monty, the Cavaliers at the Rainbow Bridge; Timothy Dickens, the Cavalier puppy
2004 RSB
2015 Royal Splendor
Santana tandem bicycle
Vlamgat

Post by Vlamgat »

Update:

The RV2 and other web sites have opinions that seem to indicate that this adjustment while possible (if you can find the module) is by no means straight forward. Requiring patience, time, a flat site from which to start and probably mains power as the jacks will be operating for the time it takes to make the adjustments that are by no means precise. That would seem to indicate that absent these resources its actually simpler to tweak the jacks using the manual controls and spirit level sited somewhere visible during the tweaking process.

Failure it maintain a constant level and to fully retract seems to be a common problem with HWH in the sense that it gets a decent quantity of "hits" from various searches. Not to say that HWH jacks are statistically likely to exhibit these problems given their market penetration but that its a common pair of problems with various cures. Not all successful.
Steve

Post by Steve »

We have an older HWH manual system (300 series) on a 2005 24RB. The leveling module is underneath the coach, I used to spend considerable time trying to adjust it, now I just use a bubble level. I'm attaching a similar photo of what it looks like, ours is rectangular. It is located about in the middle of the coach.
Steve
Attachments
hwh_leveling_adjustment old.jpg
hwh_leveling_adjustment old.jpg (25.07 KiB) Viewed 4476 times
Vlamgat

Post by Vlamgat »

Many thanks. I will get under the coach as soon as it dries out.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”