Long Island NY to CT ferry service

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Mel Wilbur

Long Island NY to CT ferry service

Post by Mel Wilbur »

Has anyone used the Long Island ferry service to either Bridgeport or New London CT and if so how would you rate it.
Mel & Connie
fourleos

Re: Long Island NY to CT ferry service

Post by fourleos »

Hi, We have taken the Orient Point/New London run many times, but only in a car, not in our BF. If I were to take our BF, I would choose a large ship, they have some very small ones, so read the schedule carefully. I would also travel off hours and not on a holiday. I have seen RVs on them on occasion, they seem to load them in the center of the ship. The parking lots where you wait in line to board can be confusing, they have numbered lanes and people directing, but when its crowded, it can feel chaotic.
The ships are different ages and comfort levels, so just read the descriptions carefully. If stairs are a challenge, I would call and ask about options. You are not permitted to stay inside your vehicle.
Hope that helps! Reni
fourleos

Re: Long Island NY to CT ferry service

Post by fourleos »

Their website is longislandferry.com. It has prices and I believe you can also call and speak to someone. Reni

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”