Finding BF service in the Ocala Florida area

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Paul covert

Finding BF service in the Ocala Florida area

Post by Paul covert »

I live in the Ocala Florida area and want to locate a RV servicer who is experienced servicing BR motor homes.

I am 80+ miles from lazy days and would like to try a more local servicer.

Can anyone help?

Paul
jlef123

Re: Finding BF service in the Ocala Florida area

Post by jlef123 »

Paul
I believe that Born Free used to have a relationship with America Choice RV in Ocala prior to their current one with Lazy Days. They should be familiar with your coach especially if it is 3 or 4 years old. Do not know much about their reputation for service or sales. Might want to check on that. Born Free also used to have a sales lot in Clermont, FL and they used a repair facility that was a few miles south of them on US 27. I have heard good words about their qualifications. You might give Kim a call at Born Free and he should be able to give you their name and contact info. Sunshine State RV's in Gainesville, FL always seems to have several used Born Free Motorhomes in stock, always priced at the high end of the market, and I suspect that they are familiar with our coaches. However I would think that any good RV technician should be able to deal with most problems that arise in your coach. If you have a Dometic AC in a Born Free coach, it is the same as a Dometic AC in SOB.
Joel & Sandy
2002 26' RB
2015 27' Splendor
2020 Coachmen Beyond
charlesbell

Post by charlesbell »

I would NOT go to America's Choice without checking with Kim first.
Charles / Cape Canaveral, Florida 2013 23FL
taprjoan

Post by taprjoan »

We have used Pro-tech Mobile RV Service on Hwy 27 in Clermont, Florida. Just down the road from where Born Free used to sell their RV's. That was about 3 years ago. We were pleased with their work.
srvivrs3
22 ft. Born Free
Joan & Bill & 2 greyhounds
Ray

Post by Ray »

I was not happy with America's choice sales, company, or representatives, to the point I would not talk to them anymore - not sure about their service. Someone told me that they are under new ownership - not sure if thats true or not.

Sunshine does not have a repair facility for consumer RV's - at least they didnt at the time that I bought my current one from them. They do price at the top of the market but they will negotiate. They are kinda in the business of buying RV's, fixing small things (or having them fixed), making them pretty, and then reselling them. They do allot of Class B's. And have also sold allot of BF's.

If your ever thinking about buying one from them get back to me. (That always shakes Nick up - LOL)

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”