Solar Vent

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

mrofb

Solar Vent

Post by mrofb »

Wondering if any one installed a solar power refrigerator vent?
Did it work?
mrofb
bigdipper

Re: Solar Vent

Post by bigdipper »

My Dometic refrig. has, IMO, always been marginal at keeping below 40 when temps go above 90. I installed the Dometic? solar vent cover and fan but results were underwhelming. At the moment I am leaving refrig vent door ajar and using a 6 inch D cell powered fan when parked in the sun. That also isn't a silver bullet. Dometic has a built-in auxiliary fan up high which runs once in while, but seemingly not enough and not for long. Maybe it's just me, maybe my refrig is not up to par. Calls to Dometic and taking it to a Dometic authorized repair place while it was still under warranty were not helpful. The Norcold in my 2001 was problematic, but had very strong cooling performance. It would get confused during a defrost cycle and had to be reminded to go back to work. We do not ordinarily spend much time camping in 90+ temps, but it would be nice if it could get cold and stay cold in the drive.
End of rant. Perhaps this will inspire someone with better ideas to respond.
Ralph
Ralph
2011 24RB
Former 2001 23RK

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”