Happy new Born Free owner

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Mel Wilbur

Happy new Born Free owner

Post by Mel Wilbur »

The following is part of an email to us from the couple that purchased our coach (101k miles) last month. A testament to the build quality of the Born Free coach. I think the last two sentences sums it up nicely

This one is #3 and by far the best one on the road. We made one large loop in just under 2 weeks and covered 2700 miles. The coach was quiet, something we are not accustomed to. Fuel mileage was 9 to 91/2 mpg after we got south of PA. The ease of driving and comfort kept us on the road longer than expected, before stopping for the night. Pilot stations and Flying J are convenient, and the separated parking areas for the Rv's at Flying J was a new experience for us. Was a great vacation. Got as far south as NC and west to TN then north thru OH,W Va,Pa and on back toward home. Headed out this weekend again for a few days. The problem now is, I still have to work and it interferes with the time on the road. Just a few more years.
Mel & Connie
Hawkeye111

Well done, Mel and Connie

Post by Hawkeye111 »

I am sure it makes you proud of your coach and the work you both put into it to keep it in prime condition. Congrats!

Good to hear from you two,
Jay
ewagman

Post by ewagman »

Mel & Connie,

We met you both at the Gettysburg rally few years ago. You had by far the nicest coach I have ever had the chance to examine. Your many stories kept us entertained and intrigued. We wish you well in all your future endeavors, and sorry it never worked out to visit when we went to Brown to visit our son. He has since graduated magna cumlaude, and is in grad school on the left coast.

We are mulling over keeping our BF, we invested in another recreational endeavor, which makes it hard to justify keeping the BF, time will tell.

Smooth Seas
Ed & Beth
2003 Born Free 26' RSB: SOLD March 2016
replace by a house near the beach
shezonit

Re: Well done, Mel and Connie

Post by shezonit »

Hawkeye111 wrote:I am sure it makes you proud of your coach and the work you both put into it to keep it in prime condition. Congrats!

Good to hear from you two,
Jay
Very nice comments from the new owners. I bought my RSB with 125,000 miles on it. It is quiet on the road, very easy to drive. I feel it has the good vibe of the previous owners, who obviously cared for it. I leave Friday for my first winter in the Born Free.
Nancy

Post by Nancy »

:cry: I know the new owners got a gem from you and Connie. You know if you are traveling down this way we have a warm bed for you guys....hell we have 4 beds you can choose from :D
2005 26' RSB Casual Elegance

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”