Proposed Bylaws

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Blyon

Proposed Bylaws

Post by Blyon »

As Chairman of the Bylaws Review Committee, allow me to make a few comments. First of all, I was asked to chair the committee and I was happy to do so. The Committee was composed of Nancy Simpson and Jeff Jahraus. Each of us have been club members for several years. Jeff and I have conducted numerous successful rallies in our regions, South Central and South West, and the South Central Region hosted National Rallies. Nancy and Dick have been actively involved in publishing the Newsletter. The Committee's mission was to review the existing bylaws and recommend any changes that we deemed prudent. The Bylaws had not been officially reviewed and updated in several years. The proposed bylaws are the resulting work product.

The Committee was not formed, nor did we operate with a hidden agenda or any pre-determined objectives. We solicited and received input from officers. We received input from non-officer members, some from members who have posted on this forum. The proposed Bylaws certainly will not please every member.

The Committee felt bound by the existing Bylaws, Article 8, which we interpret as requiring a vote by members in attendance at a duly called meeting, with 2/3 affirmative vote of the members present and voting to approve amendment of Bylaws. This procedure, may, or may not, be the correct procedure going forward. The Committee chose to leave this procedure in place in the new Bylaws due to the enormous task of emailing ballots to members who have current email addresses on file with the Secretary, to mailing of ballots to those members without email addresses, then a procedure to collect, provide security for, and count ballots. It seems like an easy task, however, when you consider the enormity of the project, it is a monumental task. After careful consideration, and the fact that the existing procedure has apparently worked well in the past, we left the existing procedure in place in the proposed Bylaws.

On behalf of the Committee, it has been an honor to have the opportunity to work on behalf of the Club.
Bill Lyon

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”