Safe-T-Plus steering stableizer on Chev. Kodiak C5500

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

sarah vice

Safe-T-Plus steering stableizer on Chev. Kodiak C5500

Post by sarah vice »

Steve W. thank you for your reply.

I had Camping World take off the Safe-T- Plus, and my 2006 32' President drives better.

It would have probably been an improvment if I had also added a Super Steer rear trac bar and a Roadmaster Davis Sure Trac front sway bar. I was told by Adam, at Henderson Line-Up Branke and RV Inc., that it would stop the side to side shifting of the front axle and allow the Safe-T-Plus to work properly. He explained why but I can't recall all of it. He said their website , hendersonslineup.com, would be helpful in understanding why the Safe-T-Plus would make the Chev. Kodiak C55 drive worse, without the front sway bar being put on first.

Camping World didn't have the other parts in stock, and I was out of time to prepare for the caravan to Mexico, which starts Friday.

I tried to post this last night, but I don't think it did. Sorry if it is on twice.

Sarah Vice

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”