Diesel advantages over gas

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

John S.

Re: Diesel advantages over gas

Post by John S. »

Well now that I have a few miles on my new to me royal splendor, I can say without a doubt that the diesel leaves the gas in the dust. It might be a moot comparison if Born Free does not reopen under new ownership but the F550 towning my grand Cherokee drives like a car and can merge and climb with ease and I can accelerate up the hills. It is a beast and compares very well to my old 36 foot Foretravel with a ism 450 11 liter and no slides. I think this Royal Splendor will still out climb it by a wide margin.
2015 Royal Splendor on Ford 550 none slide version
Former owner 2007 24foot rear bath painted and 2006 22 foot built for two
Former owner 1994 34 foot 2000 36 foot and 2001 42 foot FORETRAVEL's.
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

You pay more you get more. You then decide if the difference is worth the price. What I've learned from this thread is we buy what we are convinced is the "right choice." If we favor one over the other we find a way to justify our choice. I think the more certain we are of our choice the less likely we are to make an unbiased comparison. Sound familiar?
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
Roger H

Post by Roger H »

Dallas Baillio wrote:You pay more you get more. You then decide if the difference is worth the price. What I've learned from this thread is we buy what we are convinced is the "right choice." If we favor one over the other we find a way to justify our choice. I think the more certain we are of our choice the less likely we are to make an unbiased comparison. Sound familiar?
Actually it's about "perceived value," and what the buyer thinks will give the best combination of power, economy, purchase price, cost of maintenance, and resale. That's why both choices are offered. And it makes a difference whether you're buying new or used.

For some buyers it's diesel, for some it's gas. I bought my coach because it was a killer deal and close to me. It was used, and it happened to be gas. I'd still have bought it for similar money if had been diesel. I wouldn't have paid more for it because it was diesel.
'06 Born Free 32 RQ Kodiak Chassis
(Former: '01 Born Free 23 RK)
Dinghy: '16 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with a Blue Ox Aladdin tow bar.
Traveling with Sir Winston and Lady Rae (Cavalier King Charles Spaniels)

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”