Satellite Dish

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

e55jack

Satellite Dish

Post by e55jack »

Have just purchased a used 26' RSB that came w/ a Winegard sat dish. I currently have DISHTV for the home. If I hook up one of my home receivers my dish will locate the satellites but keeps looking for transponders (the ones on my roof??). Is there a way to tell my receiver to look for the transponders that are on my Winegard dish?
mike&linda

Post by mike&linda »

Did you get a receiver with your Born Free? If not then you need to see which of the two services (DirecTV or Dish Network) the coach dish is programed to find. A good place to check would be the Winegard manual or their web site. Each provider uses different satellites at different locations for their TV service. It sounds like you are looking at the wrong satellite for your receiver.
1990 26' RSB Diesel
TomLong

Direct TV

Post by TomLong »

I purchased a 27RB (2008) from the factory and had a Kingdome installed. I have direct tv at home and was told that Kingdome was preprogramed for Direct TV.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”