Radio for 26BF President

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

bogrady

Radio for 26BF President

Post by bogrady »

My 1995 BF President has no radio. I am about to purchase an AM/FM MP3 radio and I think I need a Scosche FD02 harness kit to install. I assume a standard DIN radio with DIN adaptor kit will do the job.
I wish I had the exact specs for the 1995 Ford radio but neither Ford nor BF could provide me any help. This doesn't seem to be a difficult job but then nothing is until you get into it.
Any suggestions are very welcome.
Bill Ruh

Radio for 26BF President

Post by Bill Ruh »

I replaced the ford am/fm/cassette over 5 years ago in our 1991 with a 1 din apline cdm-7835. I got a metra 701770 harness, which is a 2-plug set that looks similar to the scosche (may be identical). I only used one harness plug, and IIRC, connected only power, switched power, and ground. I didn't use the second plug for the speakers, see below for why. The mounting box that came with the radio didn't fit the dash, so I made my own.

The surprise was that the in-dash radio was a head unit connected to a separate under-dash amplifier. The amp was mounted under the unused center speaker, with the 4 speakers driven from it. So I disconnected the speakers, bypassed the amp, and connected the speakers directly to the apline. It worked quite well that way, so the second plug is still in my basement.

FWIW, I bought the install kit with the radio at a local stereo store, and they had no trouble figuring out the right kit.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”