6 volt Batteries

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

Randy, can you take a picture of the completed modification and post it here?

Thanks, Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
Randy Wilson

Post by Randy Wilson »

Bill,
Sorry to be so late responding, but have been dealing with some issues that carried a higher priority. I'm posting pictures as requested although they are not too good.

It's difficult to view the connections points without removing the batteries. The welding cable lead to the positive post is connected to the existing cable at the terminal point as described earlier. The negative cable is connected at a meter shunt since that was required in the circuit for my Xantrex XBM battery metering system. The shunt connection served as a terminal point so I only had to buy one for the positive side. The various small wiring has to do with the metering and the hose in front and on top of the batteries is for the battery water filler system. Hope all this is not too confusing.

I seem to be unable to send all 5 shots with this posting so will follow with the remaining
Attachments
BFIMG_1283.jpg
BFIMG_1283.jpg (58.34 KiB) Viewed 4307 times
BFIMG_1291.jpg
BFIMG_1291.jpg (43.64 KiB) Viewed 4307 times
BFIMG_1289.jpg
BFIMG_1289.jpg (44.95 KiB) Viewed 4307 times
Randy Wilson

Post by Randy Wilson »

Here are the other 2 pictures of the battery installation. Sorry that the flash didn't properly illuminate the negative cable connection at the shunt, but the existing cables connect to one end of the shunt and the welding cable from the negative battery post connects to the other end. The two 6 volt batteries are, of course, connected in series.
Attachments
BFIMG_1287.jpg
BFIMG_1287.jpg (39.01 KiB) Viewed 4303 times
BFIMG_1292.jpg
BFIMG_1292.jpg (43.82 KiB) Viewed 4303 times
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

Thanks Randy. The pictures are great and help me understand your installation narrative.

Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”