Firefly: $683.53 to replace a single Firefly wall switch panel

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

bbwolf

Firefly: $683.53 to replace a single Firefly wall switch panel

Post by bbwolf »

One of my Firefly wall units failed so I contacted the manufacturer/tech support. After determining it was actually bad they quoted me $683.53 to replace this single wall switch (as well as a 32 week lead time). I am not as bothered about the time as the pricing.
Does anyone know of any alternatives we have available? The price just seemed high for a wall switch.
Alan and Jeannie Wolfe
2014 Born Free Freedom
Travelin Two

Re: Firefly: $683.53 to replace a single Firefly wall switch panel

Post by Travelin Two »

This is too late to help maybe but I saw this video and thought it may give you some ideas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCVlQY9OKm0

That ridicules price is due to there being only one outfit that makes the part. When that happens, they can never resist going into robbery mode.
bbwolf

Re: Firefly: $683.53 to replace a single Firefly wall switch panel

Post by bbwolf »

Thank you for the reply and link.

We sure did find out that they have us backed into a corner! We (unfortunately) have the older designed Firefly system that is completely wired to each switch (vs the new ones that are wireless), so it makes it even more difficult to find parts or get help from them.
Alan and Jeannie Wolfe
2014 Born Free Freedom

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”