Generator not powering coach

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

bobccamper3

Generator not powering coach

Post by bobccamper3 »

Hello all. So, I did a stupid thing and I was hoping someone can point me in the right direction to fix it. I have a 2004 26' RSB with a 40G Generac quiet pack. In the stair well is a switch that says "Stop engine before switching off". Needless to say I switched it off with the engine running. (don't ask why because I have no excuse other than being an idot!) Now the generator runs, but doesn't do anything. I'm so mad because everything was working fine before. I think I blew the transfer switch, but I was wondering if maybe it's something simpler that I could fix. All the fuses seem to be ok. the inverter seems ok as far as I can tell. There is a reset there on the inveter that doesn't appear to be resetting, not sure. Everything works on shore power.
I'm in Mass and J & D Power in NH has 2-3 month backlog. TIA for any assistance :?
20231027_202454.jpg
20231027_202454.jpg (124.35 KiB) Viewed 732 times
20231027_202545-EDIT.jpg
20231027_202545-EDIT.jpg (118.44 KiB) Viewed 732 times
whemme

Re: Generator not powering coach

Post by whemme »

Check these two circuit breakers discussed in the Technical Library section on this forum. Click on the following link to go directly to it: viewtopic.php?t=4375
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
bobccamper3

Post by bobccamper3 »

Thanks for the info Bill, both circuit breakers are on. And lucky me, there's no mystery reset under the sink, so I'm still in the same boat. I'm still thinking I blew the auto transfer, and that's out of my league. I wish it was something simple cause I'm having a hard time finding an RV generator repair place. Probably try the place in RI I saw mentioned.
bobccamper3

Post by bobccamper3 »

For anyone interested, I did take the rv to J D Power in NH. They took the Gen out and had it all winter.
Long story short, it was the voltage regulator. They cleaned the slip rings and gave it a good tune up.
Runs great. Still cost me a $1000, but cheaper than a new one.
Thanks, Bob C.
:D

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”