Leveling Block Rubber Pads

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

WardPAW

Leveling Block Rubber Pads

Post by WardPAW »

In an effort to prevent our leveling blocks from sliding on concrete & asphalt, I cut some rubber pads to place under the blocks. Purchased a 1/2" thick horse stale rubber pad (3' x 4') at Tractor Supply. Cost approximately $35. Pad size 32" x 9" along with a 2" x 9" strip to serve as a stop. The strip is Super Glued to the pad. The rubber cuts easily with a utility knife. Created 4 pads.

The pads prevent sliding on a hard surface and sinking into the grass/soft dirt/mud/gravel. Also stops rocks from lodging into the plastic blocks. The pads are long enough so that as the vehicle progresses onto the pad, the vehicle weight holds everything in place.
Attachments
Rubber pad for leveling blocks
Rubber pad for leveling blocks
IMG_0191.jpg (44.14 KiB) Viewed 1043 times
Rubber pads under both rear wheels
Rubber pads under both rear wheels
IMG_0190.jpg (32.15 KiB) Viewed 1043 times
Rubber pad under front wheel
Rubber pad under front wheel
IMG_0187.jpg (41.28 KiB) Viewed 1043 times
Ben Ward
2005 26 RSB, Diesel
RV Name: Lion PAW
perleys

Re: Leveling Block Rubber Pads

Post by perleys »

Great idea! I don't have levelers in my old coach but I did cut horse stall pads to put under tires when I park my BF at home!
pamster868

Post by pamster868 »

Reply to perleys: Do the horse stall pads help preserve the integrity of the tire when you park for long periods? I'm assuming that is the reason you put them under the tires. I also like the idea to keep the blocks from sliding and sinking. Thanks! 😊
Pam & Jason Krinsky
Frisco, TX
2002 23' RK
perleys

Post by perleys »

Yes I read somewhere when storing for long periods that it is better if the tires don't contact directly with the concrete which is what my rig is parked on. I tried bolting into the concrete but it didn't hold so I do have to realign them every once in a while!

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”