Need help determining price on a BFT

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

opselite

Need help determining price on a BFT

Post by opselite »

I am looking to buy a 21-23 foot rig and found a 99 BFT in my area with a diesel engine. I personally don't care about the engine type as it cost about the same to operate given the higher price of diesel and higher upfront cost. Would take about 50k miles to break even.

Aside from that, the vehicle is in good shape and was garaged when I looked at it. There is some caulking that needs to be done and some fiberglass cracks on the bumper and also some water damage under the couch. Additionally some of the copper piping is extremely corroded. Several minor annoyances. Some initial signs of rust underneath.

This thing is 25 years old almost and I am curious what can I expect to break in the next 2 years as everything is original. What am I getting into? I can turn a wrench and have some carpentry skills so can fix some things.

They are asking 27k which seems really high especially for this market. I am seeing prices from 20-24k everywhere else and 27-36k for the longer newer models.

Mileage is 150k.
perleys

Re: Need help determining price on a BFT

Post by perleys »

If you go to the main Bornfreeclub.org site and click on 'Know Your Coach' there is new section called 'Motocoach Sales Data' which has historical sales prices and data to review. Might be of help while you evaluate the price.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”