rear wall construction for running camera wires

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

mkoconn

rear wall construction for running camera wires

Post by mkoconn »

would like to install camera lower than up on top by clearance lights. wondering how to snake , if possible wires through walls. have 2004 26.5 RSB
Thanks, Mark
John S.

Re: rear wall construction for running camera wires

Post by John S. »

In my first one I had one just above the rear bumper on a 07 rear bath. It was a terrible location so I had one mounted on the crown of the roof. The one on the bottom went down behind the wall to the undercarriage.
2015 Royal Splendor on Ford 550 none slide version
Former owner 2007 24foot rear bath painted and 2006 22 foot built for two
Former owner 1994 34 foot 2000 36 foot and 2001 42 foot FORETRAVEL's.
perleys

Post by perleys »

I have read of several that are installing a wireless camera on or near the back license plate. They pull power from that light and then the camera communicates wirelessly with the monitor in the front.
daryl&mary

Post by daryl&mary »

We added a wireless backup camera and power it from the middle top clearance light. Lights need to be on, but prefer driving with them on anyway. Happy with the setup.
Daryl & Mary
2006 BFT
ebaron

Post by ebaron »

We have a 2008 27’ RSB and I installed a wired camera below the upper rear clearance light. At same time, I installed a floodlight in that location that helps if you are backing in at night. I recall Snaking through back wall was not difficult as you can access area behind shower wall through rear storage hatch, then came into cabinet above bed, then out side.

I would need to check how I ran from front to back, but believe I went under coach. Snaking down windshield down to accessible area under driver door lower sill was not bad and factory had wires going through this area.

My camera was an option on GPS.

If you need more details or pictures, I can get more info.
Ed
2008 27RSB

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”