V10 Triton Spark Plug Issues

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Brent

V10 Triton Spark Plug Issues

Post by Brent »

The 1999 - 2005 Ford V10 Triton has the reported flaw with seizing or blowing the spark plugs. I’m at 89 thousand miles and would like any advice from those that have replaced plugs with no issues later.
Bornfree (1999 Rear Kitchen)
Traveling with Chester (The Boxer) - at least in spirit
cmeadows

Re: V10 Triton Spark Plug Issues

Post by cmeadows »

I'm no expert on the problem but have had experience with a plug blowout in a different vehicle with the same engine.

Karl Striedieck is a high mileage guru that posted an elegant solution to getting the vehicle home. While it doesn't remove the possibility of the problem occurring on the road, it will give you the solace of having a plan in the case of a blown plug with the opportunity of getting it home to deal with it on your own terms. A tow truck should not be needed for a blown spark plug. Basically, just unplug the fuel injector wire, plug the hole in the head, and drive home. In my opinion, if you are not in a dusty or sandy environment and don't need to drive very far, you don't even need to plug the hole—but it would be best to unplug the fuel injector on the problem cylinder.

Talk to Karl. He's the guru. Links below are to his posts. ("karls" on this site.)

viewtopic.php?p=32297&hilit=plug#p32297
viewtopic.php?p=5272&hilit=plug#p5272
Chuck & Laura Meadows
'99 24RB PSD

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”