2002 24RB

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Mindy

2002 24RB

Post by Mindy »

Hello -
We bought a 2002 24' and I have a question about the entertainment area over the cab. Does anyone have any experience with converting this to an additional sleeping area? I am not clear from the owner's manual if the area would support a bed. Also, if anyone has any experience\pictures with the how, I would appreciate it. This is our first RV! I have attached a picture of the current set up. I have found other brands of conversations on YouTube, but wanted to ensure before I try to DIY. Appreciate any insight.
Attachments
cabover.png
cabover.png (696.87 KiB) Viewed 368 times
perleys

Re: 2002 24RB

Post by perleys »

I have a 2004 26RSB but I am guessing our overhead areas are pretty much the same. My coach had the bed in it when I bought it. But I sold the mattress to someone who was converting from a entertainment center to the bed like you want to do. In the process of emailing them I took pics and dimensions of my overhead area. Maybe that will help visualize. I have never attached a file to the forum before. But I am trying to attach a pdf which have the photos in that file for your to look at. Hope this helps!
Attachments
Overhead Cab Sleep Area.pdf
(265.95 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
tomzleapin

Post by tomzleapin »

This may be helpfull:

Download the PDF here:
download/file.php?id=694
Tom
2005 24' RB
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
New Hope, MN
Mindy

Post by Mindy »

perleys wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 10:24 am I have a 2004 26RSB but I am guessing our overhead areas are pretty much the same. My coach had the bed in it when I bought it. But I sold the mattress to someone who was converting from a entertainment center to the bed like you want to do. In the process of emailing them I took pics and dimensions of my overhead area. Maybe that will help visualize. I have never attached a file to the forum before. But I am trying to attach a pdf which have the photos in that file for your to look at. Hope this helps!
Thank you so much!!! The pictures and measurements are great!
Mindy

Post by Mindy »

tomzleapin wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 5:57 am This may be helpfull:

Download the PDF here:
download/file.php?id=694
Thank you so much!!!

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”