Furnace not staying on

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

snehulak

Furnace not staying on

Post by snehulak »

I just purchased a 2005 24RB and am having furnace issues. When I turn the thermostat up, the furnace kicks on, blows cold air, then kicks off after about 20 seconds. I'm not sure whether it runs on gas or propane, so don't know where to start. The propane valve is open. Thanks for any help you can give.
Tahoe

Re: Furnace not staying on

Post by Tahoe »

I had the same issue about 7 years ago. There are a couple reasons why it might be happening. There is a sail switch that if not working will shut off the blower in certain amount of time. That was not what caused mine to not work. I ended up removing the entire unit and found that the nozzle for the propane was clogged with a spider and a few of his/her meals. This prevented the propane from flowing and not igniting so the heater would work. It also turned off after 20 seconds. After cleaning it's worked perfect since. It's been a long time and I don't have pictures, but removing the unit wasn't too dificult. You must make sure you have the propane off and purge the line before taking the unit out. I was able to remove it from inside if I remember correctly. I'll check all my photos to see if by any chance I still have something for reference.
Russ and Denise
2002 24RB
John S.

Re: Furnace not staying on

Post by John S. »

probably the sail switch. google it on u Tube and it will show you to trouble shoot and fix
2015 Royal Splendor on Ford 550 none slide version
Former owner 2007 24foot rear bath painted and 2006 22 foot built for two
Former owner 1994 34 foot 2000 36 foot and 2001 42 foot FORETRAVEL's.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”