Peeling on arm of mirror

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

bigdipper

Post by bigdipper »

On our 2001, the coating which was a lot thicker than paint came off in a few places. I just used some Ford touch-up paint which stayed on. Not real pretty up close, but I was satisfied.
Ralph
Ralph
2011 24RB
Former 2001 23RK
CuJo's Pride

Post by CuJo's Pride »

The drivers side arm on the mirror is finished thanks to all of your advice. Curt sanded off the paint that was stuck on, then sanded the rest of the arm to get all of the oxidation off. After the arm was totally clean, he wiped it down with paint thinner, let it dry, then wiped it down again with rubbing alcohol. Once that was dry, he sprayed primer on followed by 4 coats of Ford spray paint color "Oxford white". Last he sprayed the clear coat by Ford. It looks fantastic. He didn't end up removing the arm, he used a lot of paper and green paint tape. It took a while but the results were worth it. Lets hope the passenger side doesn't peal but if it does, Curt knows how to fix it.

Jo
Curt and Jo
Our Springer Spaniels - Betsy and Moxie
Member of The Born Free Leap'n Lions
"BeMo" is our 2004 26'RB
Trex 27 Speed Tandem Bicycle
Felders

Re: Peeling on arm of mirror

Post by Felders »

I’ve got the same thing going on. Has anyone considered or attempted with a glossy white vinyl now that they’re so cheap and easy to diy?

Eric Felder
2001 26RB Diesel
Texas

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”