Looking for information for the front twin bed option.

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Hazel's-Keeper

Looking for information for the front twin bed option.

Post by Hazel's-Keeper »

I have a 22' rear door the has front jack-knife couches. And I want to convert them to two twin beds. For anyone that has this arrangement can you describe how the base is constructed. I can figure it out but was wondering how they came from the factory.

Is the mattress loose that sits on a solid deck? Does the deck lift up for under bed storage? What I'm mainly wondering is how the factory offered center support for the mattress load. The images I've seen of the factory twin bed option only has one inside door for underneath the bed access. And that door is about 3 feet long offset to one side. I want to keep as much under bed storage as possible, especially height

Hopefully someone will have insight on how the factory option was constructed.
John S.

Re: Looking for information for the front twin bed option.

Post by John S. »

On my old 22 foot there was a platform wit a hinge and the front half was able to lift up as well. The back pillows were removable. The front half underneath was occupied by the hospital bed mechanism.
2015 Royal Splendor on Ford 550 none slide version
Former owner 2007 24foot rear bath painted and 2006 22 foot built for two
Former owner 1994 34 foot 2000 36 foot and 2001 42 foot FORETRAVEL's.
stevek

Post by stevek »

Just curious, are the twins full size or cot size? Thanks.
There is a recent video of a BF where the lady removed the jack knife couch/bed and replaced it with a full size twin bed. She reused the wooden fecade that bolted on the original bed frame. Video does not show construction, but you can get an idea of what it looks like.
Steve
2011 Born Free 22 foot RSK, rear side (corner) kitchen, E350, 29k miles.
Our first motorhome. Lots to learn. Thanks.
CA/OR border
Ironhorse

Post by Ironhorse »

I have a BF 23 ft with front factory bunks. The horizontal cushions that you sit / sleep on are fixed. The back cushions used for sitting are removable for sleeping. I have two side by side access doors on each side to access under bunk storage. This same storage area is accessible by outside doors that open into the storage area. Let me know if you want pics of something. I don’t visit this forum much but will check back in a few days. Good luck.
John Cassidy
Brighton, Michigan
2013 BF Front Lounge, 23 ft on E350 chassis
1966 Mustang conv

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”