resetting the entry code?

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

harbhippo

resetting the entry code?

Post by harbhippo »

OK, I've had our Born Free (Freedom Model 2015) for a little over a year now, and we'd like to be able to use the keyless entry code. I don't know the factory code. But I saw several articles for Ford keyless entry, and sort of followed instructions, though they were for the pickup F-150, and various RV systems, and I don't think I got anywhere. But Mrs. Hippo came out with me to push some buttons, and I accidentally hit on the entry code. IT UNLOCKED! So that means we can get in if we don't have our keys, but then any kid who comes wandering along and presses [entry code deleted to protect you if you happen to have a similar code] can get into our RV. That's not good.

So, does anybody out there know how to reset the entry code for a 2015 Born Free "Freedom" model?
Last edited by harbhippo on Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
harbhippo

Re: resetting the entry code?

Post by harbhippo »

Yay! I got some help from another member of this forum, reset the code, and I can now use the keypad to get into the RV.
I would never have chanced upon the procedure without the pdf he sent me. And he is correct that such info should be shared privately, rather than on a forum.
John S.

Re: resetting the entry code?

Post by John S. »

Can you send me the PDF by PM here? I have a 2015 I bought used without the code
2015 Royal Splendor on Ford 550 none slide version
Former owner 2007 24foot rear bath painted and 2006 22 foot built for two
Former owner 1994 34 foot 2000 36 foot and 2001 42 foot FORETRAVEL's.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”