Electrical help - side mirrors, rear camera all out

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Ironhorse

Electrical help - side mirrors, rear camera all out

Post by Ironhorse »

Hello everyone,
I’ve done what I can think of to figure out what’s wrong here. Hoping somebody has been through this before.
Problem: after several years of working properly, both side mirrors (motion and heat) as well as the inside rear view mirror camera image and compass are dead.
Problem solving so far:
1. No power at mirror 4-way switch
2. No power at the Born Free added fuse panel by the brake pedal. This is a 4-slot panel with 5,5,10,15A fuses.
3. No blown fuses (box shaped ones) in the under-hood fuse/relay box which is where I presume BF tied their 4 slot box into.
4. Pulled and swapped the #8 relay (upfitter relay) with a relay from the trailer light circuit - no difference.
5. Inspected all box fuses for blown elements. No issues.
5. No visible rodent damage or corrosion.

Any other suggestions ? Also, can somebody confirm that BF tied into the Ford relay box upfitter circuit vs running a wire directly to the battery or some other remote hot spot ?

Any and all input appreciated.
John
John Cassidy
Brighton, Michigan
2013 BF Front Lounge, 23 ft on E350 chassis
1966 Mustang conv
whemme

Re: Electrical help - side mirrors, rear camera all out

Post by whemme »

You might want to post your problem on the Facebook group site Born Free RV Happy Campers. Kim Olson, the Born Free factory service manager, is on the site and may see your problem and respond with helpful answers.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
Ironhorse

Post by Ironhorse »

Thanks, I didn’t know about the FB site.
John Cassidy
Brighton, Michigan
1966 Mustang conv
perleys

Post by perleys »

When you go to the Fb page you will need to answer a few quick questions and Sharen or Jim the moderators will need to accept you into the private group that is for Born Free Owners. Once you are admitted to the FB group you can post your questions.
Ironhorse

Post by Ironhorse »

Bumping this post up since I haven’t gotten any feedback on the FB site yet. All I really need to know is where the small 4-fuse auxiliary fuse box added by BF just behind the break pedal gets its power from. Thanks
John Cassidy
Brighton, Michigan
1966 Mustang conv

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”