Leak? 24RB ever seen this area water damaged

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Tiptoptune

Leak? 24RB ever seen this area water damaged

Post by Tiptoptune »

Flying to buy a 2005 24RB that has water damage and could use advice what to look for. Or am i crazy. 4x6 inch area of the veneer plywood just inside the door on the left side as you walk in and at the bottom just below the wardrobe closet. starts at floor and from the side wall where there is the wall fabric. The veneer is separating form the wood behind it from getting wet. No visible sign of water damage above this spot or on the side wall fabric or above it. Owner has tried to find source and thinks it is the vinyl insert on the molding around the door that is damaged. They peeled the wall fabric away adjacent to the damage area and just to the rear of the door frame for a foot up from floor and no sign of water stains or mold on the wood behind there. they even looked while it was raining and could not find source. Water drops or puddles are never seen but can feel the wood is damp after rains. inside the wardrobe closet looks fine, they sent me videos. they did re floor the complete unit because did not like the shag type carpet and vinyl in rear was yellowing or faded. form pics and videos the rest of wood along that side, and opposite side of step well look fine as does the bottom of the kitchen cabinets and furnace area. I have seen water damage on other rigs in pictures they sent. this one looks very good, no stains at bottom of wood other that this one spot. no stains in fabric walls or headliner anywhere in the rig from pics and video sent. Thanks for any advice.
Bob Proctor

Re: Leak? 24RB ever seen this area water damaged

Post by Bob Proctor »

You might check the valve at the rear of the toilet. I had a leak there that went away after replacing the valve.
2002 24RB
whemme

Post by whemme »

Bob, I doubt that a toilet valve leak would cause water damage near the walk-in door.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
Bob Proctor

Post by Bob Proctor »

Hi Bill,
The reason I suggested a leaky toilet valve as the possible source of water damage in that area is because when my valve leaked some of the water found its way under the wall between the bathroom and the rear door and cause the vinyl flooring to start buckling at the top of the steps from the outside door. I wouldn't rule out something similar happening here.
2002 24RB
whemme

Post by whemme »

I could see that happening with a rear door Born Free. However since the OP has a 24’ RB coach with a right side door, the distance between that door and the toilet makes is unlikely that the leak would reach that far. But thank you for your input.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”