Food & Canada Border Crossing

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

BobnGail

Food & Canada Border Crossing

Post by BobnGail »

Hope someone that’s crossed into Canada can give me an easy answer. We will be heading to Banff & Jasper early September. We like to travel with home made meals FROZEN that I vacuum seal that we can heat up on stove, especially handy when staying at Walmart or rest stops. Things like spaghetti sauce, taco soup would have ground beef in them. I get that we can’t have chicken, eggs, fresh fruit or veggies & need to limit the wine. Also we can take fresh beef but should be in original packaging. I can’t find anything specific about frozen foods so assume it would be allowed but would hate to lose my soup stash at the border. Would love to hear others experiences and recommendations for our upcoming trip.
Gail
Bob n Gail
2005 26RB
Oxford MS
shilohdad

Re: Food & Canada Border Crossing

Post by shilohdad »

We’ve gone into Canada multiple time with frozen meals we prepared. I cannot remember having a problem, but you never know. The last time we were in Canada was about 5 years ago now. The situation may have changed, especially with the current political turmoil between the US and Canada.
Joe and Lucinda
Tonto, Meadow and Shadow, the papillons
Shiloh and Morpho at Rainbow Bridge
2017 Spirit
Formerly 2006 24RB
mike&linda

Post by mike&linda »

take a look at this web site, if information not here will help you find what site to go to!

https://traveltips.usatoday.com/rules-r ... 21206.html
1990 26' RSB Diesel
BobnGail

Post by BobnGail »

Thanks, reassuring that it wasn’t a problem in past and thought I had seen every article on the subject but not the USA Today one. Gail
Bob n Gail
2005 26RB
Oxford MS

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”