From Storage to Bunk

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Dallas Baillio

From Storage to Bunk

Post by Dallas Baillio »

I am considering upgrading by buying a 2008 - 2012 BF RSB (Splendor). I have found a couple I am interested in but they have over-the-cab storage. I need the over-the-cab bed. I’ve seen posts of BF owners planning to do this, or looking for a used bed, but nothing detailing the process followed to completion. Anyone know someone I might contact to see how much of a hassle this is and an estimated cost
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
tomzleapin

Re: From Storage to Bunk

Post by tomzleapin »

Here's a post about modifying the standard overhead bed into twin beds that may be helpful. Submitted by Eric Sandstrom:

Click > How to modify overhead bed
Tom
2005 24' RB
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
New Hope, MN
troutman1971

Post by troutman1971 »

I have a 2003 RSB and took out the cabinets and made a single bed since I couldnt find a foldable mattress and still wanted the easy access to the drivers seat and and the small storage areas along the sides. I found a twin XL memory foam fit well with only minor trimming. Did it all
Myself for a few hundred dollars. Think the factory wanted a few thousand. If you want pictures you can email me at markhilliard@me.com
Mark

2003 26 RSB
perleys

Post by perleys »

I have a 2004 27RSB, let me know if you are interested in an overhead cab mattress.
Eric Sandstrom

Post by Eric Sandstrom »

Please keep in mind that the over-cab pod configuration is geometrically different post 2007 coaches. Then changed again in 2013 and remained unchanged from then to factory closing. I note this should overhead bed components be located for retrofit.
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

Thank you Eric! That is the exact question I had planned to ask. It is as though you read my mind. This is the kind of info I miss as we often said “just call Kim.”
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”