Flojet RV Waste Pump Kit

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

csmith95826

Flojet RV Waste Pump Kit

Post by csmith95826 »

Has anybody used FloJet RV Waste Pump Kit for sewage disposal? I'm thinging about it in order to help dumping problems due to low clearance of born Free holding tanks. If anyone has, is it easy to hook up, use?Thanks for any help.
KTnLen

Post by KTnLen »

I purchased one recently on sale at Camping World, but the hookup to 12v and its remote switch, plus setting up a port in our septic system is beyond what I want to do, so I'll be tasking that out to handymen as soon as we return from the Albuquerque Rally.

I was concerned about the distance and hose requirements specified in the manual as I have about 75-ft length and 3-ft rise on our property. However, I've read user reviews of the system at Camping World where users seem real happy with the system, and report pumping waste over 100 feet in a standard 5/8-in garden hose. Those reviews can be seen at: http://tinyurl.com/h2q4e

So, if all works out, I'll have a dedicated hose set up from the point where I park the RV to the septic system cleanout port, and hooking up will be quite simple.

I will be glad to be rid of the sewer hose, and to be no longer tied to RV dumping stations. Where I live, emptying into these facilities costs from $8 to $15 per use plus the driving time and fuel. After 20 uses, I figure the FloJet will have paid for itself.
csmith95826

Post by csmith95826 »

Thanks Ken & Cathleen for the info on FloJet. I'm mechanically impared and am not sure about the hookup to the battery. I want to use the allagator clamp suggestion but don't know how to connect them to the battery.
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

We have been looking at the Flojet system too as well as the Sewer Solution, which uses water instead of 12V to move the impeller blades and to move the waste. From what I have read on this so far the Sewer Solution might be a better choice for us since we would only need it for campground and other public dumps and would rather not deal with the stinky slinky. It is about half the price of the Flojet system and will also flush your tanks and the dedicated hose to clean it out.

If we went with the Flowjet I would install a 12V outlet in the utility bay and attach a 12V plug on the Flojet. I would also want a hose reel if there was room.

But, for our use, a Sewer solution with an additional 10' hose section would seem to be all we would need. I don't have the space to store my BF at my house and we don't plan on doing much boondocking so using the Flojet would not be needed....we think.

Oh the toys we can get in RVing! Gotta love it.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”