Satellite question

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

CuJo's Pride

Satellite question

Post by CuJo's Pride »

We have a King Dome satellite dish on our BF and the prior owners kept the reciever. We would like to know what recievers will work with it. Does anyone out there have any suggestions?

Thanks

Jo
Curt and Jo
Our Springer Spaniels - Betsy and Moxie
Member of The Born Free Leap'n Lions
"BeMo" is our 2004 26'RB
Trex 27 Speed Tandem Bicycle
harrisgowing

Re: Satellite question

Post by harrisgowing »

Hi, Jo. The King Dome on our 2014 RSB worked with a Directv standard receiver, which we left in the rv. A Dish receiver may also work but you need to check the King Dome manual. The current standard Directv receiver is model D-12-700 and a Directv HD receiver will not work, even with the new satellite system on our 2015. We ordered the new standard receiver for our 2105 from Directv. But, before you order anything, you should check with King Dome to make sure that the newer standard receivers are compatible. Hope this helps.

Judy
Chuck and Judy Harris
Oliver and Monty, the Cavaliers at the Rainbow Bridge; Timothy Dickens, the Cavalier puppy
2004 RSB
2015 Royal Splendor
Santana tandem bicycle
CuJo's Pride

Post by CuJo's Pride »

Thank you so much. I will get the manual out and check it out.

Jo
Curt and Jo
"BeMo" is our 2004 26'RB
randallrae

Post by randallrae »

Usually the dishes are built for DirectTV OR dish . You will need to find out which satellites it is programmed to find .
2012 25' rb
CuJo's Pride

Post by CuJo's Pride »

Camping World has one on sale so I'm hoping that one will work. We have never dealt with satellite TV before. We'll look and see which one it is.

thanks

Jo
Curt and Jo
"BeMo" is our 2004 26'RB
harrisgowing

Post by harrisgowing »

If you are not familiar with satellite tv, you need to know that you will need an account with the provider, either Directv or Dish, whichever you are using, and no matter what sort of satellite dish you have. There may be some pirating work arounds but I do not know about them. We have Directv at home so adding the rv was only $5 a month, but for a single receiver it will be at least $30 a month, with added cost to get the networks, CBS, ABC, etc. Local networks will not come in on the satellite. I think you can suspend the satellite service when you are not using it. We do not because it is a small part of our overall bill and a hassle. Also, I checked the Camping World website and the receivers I saw online will not work with your King Dome, they are HD. Anyway check it all out before you do anything.
Chuck and Judy Harris
Oliver and Monty, the Cavaliers at the Rainbow Bridge; Timothy Dickens, the Cavalier puppy
2004 RSB
2015 Royal Splendor
Santana tandem bicycle
CuJo's Pride

Post by CuJo's Pride »

Good news, I just got the manual out and the King Dome is HD and compatible with either Dish or Direct TV and from what I'm reading the receiver that's on sale at Camping World will work with it. It's not as old as I suspected it was. I think it's worth investing in a receiver. I'm not sure why I didn't think of looking in the manual. I'll blame it on a brain fart....

Thanks all..

Jo
Curt and Jo
"BeMo" is our 2004 26'RB
Fantom

Post by Fantom »

Why would you buy your own receiver ?
The second you activate the unit, you will be charged normal $5 monthly fee, same if you got one from your satellite TV provider for free,
Alek
2002 Born Free 26' RSB
CuJo's Pride

Post by CuJo's Pride »

I thought you needed a receiver. We don't have satellite at home so we will be a month to month subscriber.
Curt and Jo
"BeMo" is our 2004 26'RB

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”