Tire Rotation

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

oliverpsmile

Tire Rotation

Post by oliverpsmile »

Do you do it, how often and how?
Oliver P Smile
2005 26ft RSB
bigdipper

Re: Tire Rotation

Post by bigdipper »

I have front's switched every 10,000 miles or so but leave rears as is. Borg valve stems would complicate the process anyway.
Ralph
Ralph
2011 24RB
Former 2001 23RK
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

When you posted this I was about to post that I do not rotate my tires, but thinking it through, even if you have the "dually" extensions on the inside rear duals you could rotate the inside rear duals from side to side without having those two tires broken down and the stems swapped with other tires. The outside duals could be rotated in the same way if you have, as I do, the 180 degree stems.

Hope I haven't confused you!
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
bigdipper

Post by bigdipper »

Dallas,
Good point. However, I think I'll still not have rears rotated, even for free. IMO risks of uneven wear back there are minimal anyway.
Ralph
Ralph
2011 24RB
Former 2001 23RK
randallrae

Post by randallrae »

The Ford twin I beam front end can cause uneven wear on the front tires . I would rotate them if I noticed any unusual wear .
2012 25' rb

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”