How many nights did you spend in your Born Free in 2014

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Longld

Re: How many nights did you spend in your Born Free in 2014

Post by Longld »

Once a month on average - I use it as a temporary home while doing odd jobs at an orphanage in Sonoyta, Mexico (across the border from Lukeville, Az). It is a great size for parking on the street outside the orphanage and its compartments hold all my tools/supplies - have even hauled a door leaning next to the couch! I sometimes drive back across the border and park at the Organ Pipe Cactus National Park just 5 miles north of the border for the night. Lately, I have found a private yard to park in with a view of the US/Mexico border fence - from the Mexican side. My niño's love it - they call it my 'dos casa' - my second home.

BTW - try the Organ Pipe park if you get a chance - probably the quietest park you have ever stayed at - beautiful views of the desert - no water/elec and generator hours stop at 6pm. Also, within 1 hour you can be in Puerto Peñasco Mexico (Rocky Point) which has some RV spots right on the beach. The Lukeville border is very safe compared to others and has a very nice two lane road to Rocky Point 50 miles south of the border.
Lee & Mary Long, 2005 RSB 26 V10 GAS
Phoenix, Arizona
John S.

Post by John S. »

The last two years have been weak for Born Free usage for me as well. I think I had only 20 night in it each year though I had 240 nights in the foretravel two years ago and 140 last year. I think next year will see a much bigger use of the Bornfree and I figure it will be 100 nights.
2015 Royal Splendor on Ford 550 none slide version
Former owner 2007 24foot rear bath painted and 2006 22 foot built for two
Former owner 1994 34 foot 2000 36 foot and 2001 42 foot FORETRAVEL's.
TheBizMan

Post by TheBizMan »

We spent six months in our 22' BF, in Artic Washington. A very nice park about 10 mi south of Aberdeen and 30 min from the ocean. Made several day trips and enjoyed the cool temps when it was 115 degrees in Phoenix. Planning on doing the same again.
Lee-TheBizMan
2005 BFT - named "Tilly"
2012 Scion xD "Toad"

Cathy

Post by Cathy »

Since we still work, we can only do long weekends. Holiday weekends are the best we get about 4 nights in. Just a guess at 24 nights a year. Mostly in Mo & Illinos State Parks. Took a 2 week trip to Florida in 2013 & loved it! We love the weekends, stay close to relatives & get to spend the summer with them.
Cathy
Our Puggle Pudge
Brussels Griffon Sally
Cairn Terrier Ellie
Max our Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
2005 Gulfstream BT Cruiser (former BF owner)
Vlamgat

Post by Vlamgat »

I did 42 days in 2014 and plan 160 in 2015. An intimate involvement!
Trix

Post by Trix »

I went full time in Dec of 2012, so 365 days each in 2013 and 2014.

I've put about 29,000 miles on since I bought the MH in April of 2012.

2013 Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Louisiana, Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont, Virginia, W Virginia, N Carolina, S Carolina, Georgia and Florida.

2014 Florida, Tennessee, Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, New Mexico and here I am in Arizona. I'm heading back to Kentucky in April, then home to Pacific NW, then California in August and back to AZ for next winter.

I bought a Subaru Forester in Jan 2014

It's a wonderful life!
Trix
tent camper
pop-up camper
learning RV'g in my 2007 24' RB
2011 Subaru Forester toad
NRHSunnyside

Post by NRHSunnyside »

I have lived in my 26RSB 2001 since March of 2013, with short periods staying at friends or children homes along the way. Have traveled up and down the East coast between Maryland and Florida, volunteered in Florida and Texas State Parks and traveled thru Big Bend National Park and down the west side of Texas. On my way north soon.
Nancy
2001 26 RSB

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”