Front Window Leak

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Bonnie McDowell

Eternabond tape

Post by Bonnie McDowell »

"The suggestion to use EternaBond tape is a permanent fix. Start at the bottom as if roofing a shingle roof, so that each band of tape overlaps the lower bands as you head toward the crown."

This sounds as though you are suggesting covering the entire window. I was planning to use Eternabond to just do the edges. Why would you need to cover the window part?
Bonnie McDowell
2002 Born Free 24' RB on Ford E450/V10
My first RV - purchased September 2012
jobrien

Post by jobrien »

I would also just do around the edges, unless you really wanted to block the sun, but I don't think it would look good.

Seal the edges and put an insulated windshield sunscreen on the inside.

John
Dude

Post by Dude »

I will have some free time this weekend to take a look at the window. DW just got the credit card bill for the month :cry: .....this is going to be an in-house repair.
Matt
1989 26 foot Rear Side Bed
Dude

Re: Front Window Leak

Post by Dude »

I know it has been awhile since I posted on this thread. I finally sealed the window. I was going to do it myself but life got in the way and I never got around to doing it. It was in the shop for inspection and they said they could do it for about $200. 2 1/2 hours labor and 2 tubes of caulk. $230. They had to scrap and clean all the old caulk off.

Knock on wood this will take care of my window leak. If not I can bring it back but it looks like a good job and lets face it.....they guy has caulked a few more RV's then I have. As a matter of fact he showed me a couple of different caulk jobs in the storage lot from owners that did it themselves (and then needed walls and roofs rebuilt) to a job he did 3 years ago that is still holding up.
Matt
1989 26 foot Rear Side Bed
Ray

Re: Front Window Leak

Post by Ray »

Matt

Probably the way to go. I know its tough paying someone when your thinking "I can do that myself and save $$$).

I have started to hire some stuff done also. I used to think if it took me 3 times as long I was still making pretty good money - but that didnt take other things into consideration (which would have cost more $$)

If it makes you feel any better - I did a combination of hiring some, and doing some myself on the window on my old BF, I did have to replace glass also, but I think I ended up with close to $800 or more in it if I remember right.

Heck, as long as you can still afford a 18 pack - what the heck :D

Good to hear you got it done and off the list.

Ray

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”