free slimline console

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

David and Susan Bratt

free slimline console

Post by David and Susan Bratt »

We created our own slimline console by modifying the existing one. We removed the whole thing by lifting it off andf discovered that there was a separate undersection that had a dent line that matched the outer top part. We sawed the under section off along this line and hung it back up. We also discovered that we could rehang the pocket section. My husband used two screws in front and a clamp to hold the back. The whole thing is remarkably stable and looks like it is supposed to be that way.

NOTE: The original photo posted below by the author was reduced in size to meet the maximum 7.5" width photo posting rules requirement.

bfadmin
Attachments
Modified Slimline Console.jpg
Modified Slimline Console.jpg (190 KiB) Viewed 6165 times
Brent

Post by Brent »

Looks good
Bornfree (1999 Rear Kitchen)
Traveling with Chester (The Boxer) - at least in spirit
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

Do you have a picture of this you can post?

Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
mi99amigo

Post by mi99amigo »

Oh sure NOW you tell me :wink: . No worries. I bought the one off eBay for $22! Fast shipping and everything. Still, would love to see a picture of your modified one.

Now, I have the old one knocking around in my garage. If anyone messes up theres by trying to modify it, you can have my old one, for the cost of shipping.
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

Here it is... oops. :D

Bill
Attachments
special_rv_523.jpg
special_rv_523.jpg (82.33 KiB) Viewed 6196 times
Dave&JanPotter

Post by Dave&JanPotter »

mi99amigo wrote:Now, I have the old one knocking around in my garage. If anyone messes up theres by trying to modify it, you can have my old one, for the cost of shipping.
Ditto

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”