How often do you change your RV bed sheets?

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Dude

How often do you change your RV bed sheets?

Post by Dude »

How long do you leave the sheets on your RV bed? At home we typically change the sheets every 2 weeks, that's 14 nights. I don't travel and spend weeks in my RV, I camp with it on the weekend. A weekend camping trip is only 2 nights. How many camping trips can I do before I should change my camping sheets?

I did a 2 night trip in March, then a 2 night trip in May, And then last weekend I did a 1 nighter and I thought about it but then I got the question in my head that I've only slept on them twice and I am now only going for 1 night......am I going to then sleep on them for one night and change them?

BTW, I am camping this weekend and I have washed the sheets
Matt
1989 26 foot Rear Side Bed
David and Susan Bratt

Post by David and Susan Bratt »

I wouldn't dare tell you! Sue
Rover 2002 24ft RB

www.ourtravelswithrover.com
CuJo's Pride

Post by CuJo's Pride »

It all depends :) we personally wash ours once a week... Jo
Curt and Jo
Our Springer Spaniels - Betsy and Moxie
Member of The Born Free Leap'n Lions
"BeMo" is our 2004 26'RB
Trex 27 Speed Tandem Bicycle
Dude

Post by Dude »

Once a week = 7 nights. What if those 7 nights were not consecutive?? Would you change them after 7 nights or every trip?
Matt
CuJo's Pride

Post by CuJo's Pride »

When we go out for 2-3 nights in a row, I don't wash them but after 7 nights of use, they get washed. Hope this helps. Jo
Curt and Jo
"BeMo" is our 2004 26'RB
Ray

Post by Ray »

Once ever two months - 15 days one side of the bed - then 15 days on the other side of the bed - then just turn them over and you get another 15 days out of each side again.

Actualy you dont count days you sleep in your clothes cause your skin dosnt touch the sheet.

Now if you plan it right you should be able to get a whole season.

The real question is how many days do you go between showers? - and do you wash your hair each time?

Should probably start a new thread on underware
CuJo's Pride

Post by CuJo's Pride »

OMG that's a long time between washing. I couldn't stand that but it all a matter of what you're used to. Totally a matter of opinion. It's like turning your underwear inside out. Ewe... Jo
Curt and Jo
"BeMo" is our 2004 26'RB
Ray

Post by Ray »

After about 30 days you just start taking a shower when you get out of bed instead of before you go to bed :idea:
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

I change my sheets when the odor is so strong my dog refuses to sleep with me.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
shilohdad

Post by shilohdad »

Dallas, considering that dogs REALLY like stinky stuff ...

Nah, don't think I'll go there!

Hmm, how often do we bathe our dogs? Perhaps when we won't sleep with them?
Joe and Lucinda
Tonto, Meadow and Shadow, the papillons
Shiloh and Morpho at Rainbow Bridge
2017 Spirit
Formerly 2006 24RB
Ray

Post by Ray »

Love it Dallas ---- :lol:
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

Isn't it funny that men still enjoy "potty jokes" until they die? And women still don't get it? I amuse my grandson often and my daughter just shakes her head in disapproval. To me that makes it doubly funny. Why be serious when having fun makes life so much more interesting :lol:
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
CuJo's Pride

Post by CuJo's Pride »

My dad was a barber, need I say anymore? I had written a reply to the sheet washing but I got edited by my hubby :roll:
Curt and Jo
"BeMo" is our 2004 26'RB
Dude

Post by Dude »

Wow this took off....cool :)

Ray - 2 months would be a bit long for me. I like your theory though....similar to wearing a T-shirt for 4 days. You can wear it Normal/Backwards/Inside out frontwards/Inside out backwards.

Dallas - Who stunk up the sheets? You or the Dog :P

Cujo - I like your timeline. Maybe 2 weekend trips and change them. The last trip I did was a 1 nighter so I just checked to make sure they were on there and then headed to the campsite.
Matt
Ray

Post by Ray »

LOL

Matt - Being single I thought I might add something about your reference to a one nighter and the recommended frequency of sheet changing - Or maybe not - LOL

Wish you could have made it to Humbolt - It was a good ole family get together. Aint nothin better.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”