Maintaining chassis battery

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

Post removed by author.
Last edited by Dallas Baillio on Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
stevek

Post by stevek »

Thanks Mel, what do you think of that new model... the Amp-L-Start?
Steve
2011 Born Free 22 foot RSK, rear side (corner) kitchen, E350, 29k miles.
Our first motorhome. Lots to learn. Thanks.
CA/OR border
Mel Wilbur

Post by Mel Wilbur »

Steve, I sent you a pm
Dan Gilmore

LSL Trick-L-Charge

Post by Dan Gilmore »

Does the Intellitec Bi-Directional Isolator Relay Delay (not Intellec's Isolator Relay) perform the same function as the Trick-L-Charge device made by LSL? These are two separate devices installed on my 2013 BF.
stevek

Post by stevek »

What do you think of Xtreme Pulse Tech Battery Maintainer?
Rather than a constant tricle charge, it VARIES the charge?
Product info says..
"Increases battery life by up to 5 times!
Connect it and leave - safely charges and maintains battery indefinitely
Maximum 2.5A charge rate (5.0A effective)
Properly charges all lead-acid batteries: standard, AGM, and Gel types
Microprocessor control constantly evaluates battery and delivers appropriate charge
Exclusive Pulse Technology removes sulfation to extend battery life - even while connected to motorcycle/vehicle
User interface features 12 L.E.D. status indicators
Weatherproof design
High impact plastic housing with rubberized base
5-year manufacturers warranty
Xtreme Charge single station 5-stage charger includes charger with fuse protected quick disconnect battery clamps and lugs".
Steve
2011 Born Free 22 foot RSK, rear side (corner) kitchen, E350, 29k miles.
Our first motorhome. Lots to learn. Thanks.
CA/OR border
Ray

Post by Ray »

I believe in pulsetech technology and products.

We were using it extensively on fleet vehicles before I retired - products were well engineered and built. We were using all of their products at that time plus some specifically designed for our application.

I put a pulse tech battery desulfator on my boat inverter bank in which I use 2 4D gel cell batteries - Does it work? - I am not sure if I can prove anything because I didn't run any kind of controlled study - But my 4D gels are going on their 11th or 12th year so I am not going to change anything.

Considering the batteries on the boat have a replacement cost of about $600.00 per battery - extending service life is important to me.
Vlamgat

Post by Vlamgat »

[quote="Ray"]I believe in pulsetech technology and products.

We were using it extensively on fleet vehicles before I retired - products were well engineered and built. We were using all of their products at that time plus some specifically designed for our application.

I put a pulse tech battery desulfator on my boat inverter bank in which I use 2 4D gel cell batteries - Does it work? - I am not sure if I can prove anything because I didn't run any kind of controlled study - But my 4D gels are going on their 11th or 12th year so I am not going to change anything.

Considering the batteries on the boat have a replacement cost of about $600.00 per battery - extending service life is important to me.[/quote]

+1

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”