Clothes rod in shower

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

mockturtle

Clothes rod in shower

Post by mockturtle »

My 2000 24RB has a tub/shower and a nice, long clothing rod along the ceiling. Do the newer ones with just a shower also have this? I find it essential for hanging wet clothes, etc.
jobrien

Post by jobrien »

we use a tension rod across the shower to hang wet stuff. HAve to remove it to take a shower, but it works.
stevek

Post by stevek »

Mine does not have any rod in the shower.
Good idea about the tension rod.
Has anybody ever used the WonderWash?
Steve
2011 Born Free 22 foot RSK, rear side (corner) kitchen, E350, 29k miles.
Our first motorhome. Lots to learn. Thanks.
CA/OR border
David and Susan Bratt

Post by David and Susan Bratt »

We had a Wonder wash and found it to be more trouble than it was worth. We finally left it in a campground in France with a "free" sign on it. It may have washed things fairly well but it took many changes of water to rinse well. I could find no benefit over just washing things in the sink or using the usually free hot water in a laundry sink in the campground, A bigger help to us was the little spinner that we bought to go with it. It removed a lot of water and made drying much faster. It burned out on us this past summer and when David took it apart to see if it could be fixed we found a piece of cardboard that had been part of the original packing jammed in the bottom inside. We gave up on it, but may replace it.
Rover 2002 24ft RB

www.ourtravelswithrover.com
Dude

Post by Dude »

My 1989 has a clothes rod in the shower....and it looks original. It makes sense. I can picture myself going away for a weekend and using the shower more for storage than a shower.

That wonder wash looks like the same concept of an old laundry tub. I'd rather take a walk to the campground laundry and spend $4-$5 to do a load of laundry. If I'm not at a campground that has a laundry facility, chances are high my wife isn't with me and I'm with the guys and it doesn't matter if my clothes are dirty.
Matt
1989 26 foot Rear Side Bed
CHARLOTTE

Post by CHARLOTTE »

A bucket of hot water & an old fashioned plunger will do the same job...a lot cheaper................ :wink:
Jim Hofmann

Post by Jim Hofmann »

Charlotte, If you put a lid on the bucket and place the bucket in the shower it will slosh your clothes while you drive down the road. Forget the plunger.

This is what we used on our 5 months trip to the tip of South America in our 24RB BornFree.

Jim
CHARLOTTE

Post by CHARLOTTE »

Wow! Never thought of that...will try it next time.....with the roads here in CA, I'm sure to get clean clothes..... :wink: 8)
mockturtle

Post by mockturtle »

with the roads here in CA, I'm sure to get clean clothes..... Wink Cool
:lol:

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”