Well... I bought a Born Free

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

I've stayed at KOA campgrounds on a few occasions and I find them just fine, and at prices comparable to other area campgrounds. In fact, I attended a BF rally in Ouray, CO, at the local KOA a few years back and found the campground to be very nice and the proprietors very accommodating. I know several BF owners that stay at KOAs often. And sometimes, they are the only area campground with full hookups.

If you are looking for free camping, they won't fit the bill.

Just remember, ANY poorly run campground can leave you with a bad experience. Common sense dictates that you should keep an open mind about all others.

Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
William Higbie

Post by William Higbie »

Some KOA's are very good, some good, some just ok, some mediocre, some terrible. That makes them just like a random selection of campgrounds. One difference is you pay more for a KOA stay then a comparable campground. We only stay at a KOA if we have thoroughly researched the campground, and there are no comparable ones in the vicinity.
bill crommett

Post by bill crommett »

When you find a poorly run campground you owe it to your fellow campers to complain to the headquarters. In the case of KOA the headquarters ar in Montana. Other franchised campgrounds have a headquarters listing in the book or in the advertising. Voting with your feet is not enough for your fellow campers who would prefer to put the bad guys out of business.
If you have not done your duty, your penance is to recheck the air in all 6 (or 10) tires twice each day for a week.
Trix

Post by Trix »

And post your unhappiness on rvparkreviews.com too!
Trix
tent camper
pop-up camper
learning RV'g in my 2007 24' RB
2011 Subaru Forester toad
bill crommett

Post by bill crommett »

I also was unaware of this site. I will post it on my bookmarks page.
Thanks Kip.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”