Where do you find the time?

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Dallas Baillio

Where do you find the time?

Post by Dallas Baillio »

Wow, how do those of you who take such pains and time keeping your BF up find time for anything else? By the time I do maintenance to my home, help my wife with house chores, etc., etc. I not only am pooped, I have little time for anything else except to relax a bit by reading and watching a little TV. Even then I try to do it in a hurry. Did you know that by fast forwarding through all the commercials on "Jeopardy" you can watch it in 17 minutes?
I have a home chore list at the moment of 19 items that I am working through. Washing the BF and cleaning the rugs inside keeps getting pushed to the end of the list. When I was working I thought upon retirement I would have lots of time to do fun things. Not so.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
mockturtle

Post by mockturtle »

Well, since my husband is in a nursing home, I have home maintenance AND RV maintenance to attend to! Seems like this winter has been busier than usual trying to stay ahead of leaks in the RV, with the nonstop rain and wind. Thankfully, the 'stick & brick' has an almost new roof, new furnace and heat pump, no leaks and the plumbing is all working fine. [Knock on wood!] Wish I were in AZ--it's in the 80's and sunny. We've got sleet right now and 40 degrees. Expecting high winds tonight. :o

Even so, I plan to de-winterize the coach next month, get the oil changed and plan a week-long trip around the Olympic Peninsula. Last fall I went down the Oregon coast for a few days. I don't go more than a day's drive away from my husband.
Brent

Post by Brent »

Sam I agree with you about having access to the coach at your home. I'm fortunate enough to have mine under cover and hooked up in my back yard.

It's easy to keep serviced, clean and to check things. I've thought about selling my house a few times but this set up for the RV is so ideal I hate to let it go.

Brent
Bornfree (1999 Rear Kitchen)
Traveling with Chester (The Boxer) - at least in spirit
karls

Post by karls »

I had one of those ubiquitous metal "garages" erected to help preserve our '98 24RB. It works great and I thought the $3,000 cost was worth it. They come in any dimension, so ours is tall enough that I can walk around on top.
Attachments
RV Shed 5.jpg
RV Shed 5.jpg (502.63 KiB) Viewed 4450 times
Trix

Post by Trix »

@Karls: Great idea, thanks for the picture
Trix
tent camper
pop-up camper
learning RV'g in my 2007 24' RB
2011 Subaru Forester toad

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”