Back up light Short

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

bogrady

Back up light Short

Post by bogrady »

With my 1995 BF President w 7.3 l Diesel I blow a 15 A fuse every time I put it in reverse. The turn signals and Overdrive switch which are on the same circuit work fine. I have checked the wiring at rear of vehicle and can find no obvious short. I suspect there is a short in the steering column or with the R position switch. I am leery of taking the steering column apart.

Any advice is much appreciated.

We just completed a 6800 mi trip from San Diego to Prince Rupert BC and back to Tucson and except for replacing the backup fuse numerous times the Diesel averaged 11.87 MPG for the entire trip. The BF with the 7.3 L Diesel is one very reliable design. I did replaced the Battery Isolator on the trip and replaced the rig batteries which were long overdue for a change. I found a 200 A isolator for about $130 and would recommend not using any lower rated Power Diodes .

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”